Facts about Yamaha RX 100.
I don’t need to introduce you to the Yamaha RX 100. It is a two-stroke motorcycle you’ve probably heard about and there are chances that it still rules your heart.
But here are a few fast facts about the Yamaha RX 100 for you:
- It produces 11 BHP of power power.
- People checked the RX 100 to see whether it was a 100 cc engine or not.
- If you buy an old Yamaha RX today, it will be at least 20 years old.
- RX 100 was the most sought after motorcycle for drag racing in India.
- The production of Yamaha RX 100 was stopped because of the emission norms.
- It was considered to be one of the most reliable 100 cc motorcycles.
- The styling of the RX 1000 made it an ageless bike. Young or middle-aged, everyone wished to own it.
- Today, the RX 100 is one of the most sought after second-hand bikes in India.
- It offers a lot of customization option because of the minimal design.
- The top speed of RX 100 is 100 kmph.
The Torpedo of the 90s
Why do people love the RX 100?
Funny rumours about RX 100
1. Chain snatchers and kidnappers loved Yamaha RX 100.
We are sure you must’ve heard that Yamaha RX 100 was the favorite motorcycle of kidnappers, robbers and chain snatchers. Haven’t you? This is mostly said because the RX had a solid pickup which made it easy for chain snatchers to get away fast.
While there are cases where the RX 100 was used for kidnapping and robbery, we can still call it a rumor as robbery can take place on any bike. Or maybe gangsters chose it because it was fast and economical?
2. Yamaha will be launching a 4 stroke, 200 cc version of RX 100 in India.
This rumor has been around for quite a long time now, people keep on asking when will the RX 200 will be launched, but the fact is it is NOT going to be launched. Yamaha Motors officially confirmed that they do not plan to bring the RX to India in future. They already have a great lineup of motorcycles in the smaller section like the Yamaha R15 V3, Fz-16, and FZ25.
3. RX 100 was banned in India because it was used by chain snatchers and kidnappers.
Some people believe that the RX 100 was banned by the Indian Government because incidents like chain snatching and robbery on an RX 100 were increasing. This is entirely false and stupid. RX 100 was discontinued because it was not able to meet the emission norms, like most of the 2 stroke motorcycles.
4. Yamaha RX 100 could reach a top speed of 140kmph.
Yamaha RX 100 was a fast motorcycle, no doubt about it, but it wasn’t fast enough to reach 140 kmph. This rumor is completely false, the RX was too light to be stable at such high speeds. It was capable of achieving a top speed of 120 kmph, though.
Have you ridden an RX before? We are sure you would want to ride it after reading these facts and rumors.